Sunday, August 12, 2012

Buttermilk Baked Chicken

So it is officially that time of year for us Southern Cali folks....we are melting! Yes we have perfect weather 95% of the year, but the other 5% is spent HOT with no relief to be found! Today we were able to find some relief, away from our house. We went to Macy's and made a final decision on our new sofa, FINALLY! It was a tough choice, but I am excited about it. Then we went to the movie. We saw a documentary by our friend Brandon Vedder called La Source. It was incredible! If you are in LA it is only playing a few more days, click here for info.

I had some bone in chicken left over from the Mango Chicken dish so I made Martha Stewart's Baked Buttermilk Chicken recipe. I used to make this before we were married when I lived alone and had forgotten about it. I have altered it a bit, but it is still delicious!

Buttermilk Baked Chicken
1 cup buttermilk
6 pieces bone in chicken (wings, thighs, drum sticks)
1 tsp paprika (I only had smoked but regular would be better)
1 tsp ground mustard
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 Tbsp oil

Mix buttermilk with paprika and ground mustard. Place buttermilk and chicken in a bag to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 375. (This is why I will not be making this dish again until we cool off.)
Mix panko, parmesan and seasoning salt in a shallow dish.
Rub 1 Tbsp of oil in the bottom of a baking dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk and dredge into breadcrumb mixture until completely coated on all sides.

Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove and serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli, YUM!

No comments: