My top 10 favorite memories of 2012:
1. New York City with my family. This was truely the trip of a lifetime for the Elferts. We had so much fun, I was deeply depressed when we rode home on the plane.
2. 3Bs birthday: Restaurant Hoping. We 3Bs know how to have fun, especially when food is involved.
3. IRIS: Cirque de Sole with Mommasita and Pinkie. When they visited in April we had a blast and the best night was seeing the show at the Kodak theater.
4. A quick trip to Austin in December for a CAbi show. My mom and sister met me and we made some great memories shopping at the Domain!
5. Christmas in Fort Worth. Every year is so much fun hanging out with my SIL and the girl cousins. We have the best girl talk and love each other so much.
6. Attending a taping of American Idol!
7. Paleyfest with seester. Seeing an upcoming episode of Modern Family and then a question and answer session with the cast.
8. Summer walks with my hubby.
9. Starting my CAbi business.
10. 3rd annual 3Bs baking day: see #2
Sorry if this is a long post, but it is a journal for me as well as a food blog. Plus I feel like if I post my New Year's Resolutions on here, I will feel more accountable to do them...
In no order:
1. Read more books: I used to read a lot. Then TV became my main vocation activity, therefore we move into resolution 2..
2. Spend 1 day a week without watching TV: this will be hard, but is needed. I did it today!
3. Take a weekend vacation with my hubby this year. Not something big or expensive, only a car ride away to the wine country or something. We need to get away more and explore this beautiful state we live in.
4. Move into a 2 bedroom apartment. For 3 years we have been cramped in this 1 bedroom. We seriously need a new place with an office for Jeffrey, come on 2013, bring us a new dig!
5. Keep in touch with loved ones. I am horrible at the phone, but I really need to get better!
6. Do more spontaneous acts of kindness for my husband. I often think that cooking and cleaning for him is enough. I am an "acts of service" person, so these things come naturally for me. I need to step outside my box and do something that he will like, not something that makes me happy.
7. Get back in the habit of doing my "weekly Bible verses" on the blog.
Here are a few things I am looking forward to in 2013:
1. Helping my mom move into her new home. She is building her dream home and it will be ready in March. I can't wait!
2. The CAbi Spring Line! I had a preview of it in September and I fell in love. I can't wait for those clothes to be on my body!
3. Our trip to Philly in May. We are going to go visit Katy and James for the first time and I know it will be a blast.
4. Jeffrey's 30th birthday. Nothing exciting planned yet, but we are working on it.
5. All the amazing activities that are in store for me and my 3Bs!
Now I know this post is long enough, but because it is a food blog I thought I would post a few of my favorite foods from 2012.
Orange Dreamsicle Truffles
Pioneer Woman Enchiladas
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Crockpot Korean Short Rib Tacos